Soyuzivka Heritage Center, since it establishment in 1952 by UNA, has sought to share, perpetuate and preserve the unique Ukrainian culture and heritage, language, traditions and values through education and celebration while instilling a sense of pride of the Ukrainian community. By visiting and holding your special events at Soyuzivka Heritage Center, you will continue this mission by being a part of helping Soyuzivka to remain an important gathering place for the community.
- Embrace and perpetuate the Ukrainian culture
- Promote Ukrainian heritage
- Educate and disseminate information about Ukrainian culture & history
- Educate others about Ukrainians contributions to the American way of life
- Encourage a resurgence in Ukrainian language traditions and values
- Instill cultural pride and respect, especially for the youth
- Improve understanding
- Share and educate the general public at large
- Work with other non-profit and community groups to promote our mutual mission
In 2015, in order to ensure the future of this cultural gem, Soyuzivka officially was transferred to an independent 501(c)3 charitable organization, named the Ukrainian National Foundation, Inc. (UNF). The UNF is based on a not-for-profit, tax-exempt model that will enable Soyuzivka to expand even further as a Ukrainian Heritage Center envisioned by its founders. The UNF works diligently to continue Soyuzivka’s unique mission, and expand it even further.